December 2nd, 2022
Top 10 Boat Names for 2022 Now that recreational boating is coming to a close in much of the country, BoatUS takes a look back at the Top 10 boat names ordered this season through its online boat graphics service and provides some commentary.
- Andiamo: Meaning “let’s go / we go / come on” in Italian, Andiamo remains in the No. 1 spot from last year’s list. It’s also a happy refrain heard from the person behind the helm as they put the throttle down and head to open waters.
- Osprey: This year marked the premiere of Osprey, having never before made the top 10. In a unique twist, Osprey bumped last year’s No. 2 boat name, Social Distancing, completely off the list. ‘Nuff said, right?
- Serenity: This No. 3 name is so popular it has made the top 10 seven times since 2010, tying the record with Second Wind. Yep, you guessed it – both are popular with sailboat owners.
- Encore: Also a newcomer to the top 10 this year, Encore may be the boat name of choice for an entertainer. Or, it could indicate the “next” boat – either satisfying the 3-foot-itis or scaling down, or maybe even coming back to boat owning after a hiatus.
- Zephyr: Last appearing on the top 10 in 2010, sailors will welcome this reference to a gentle breeze back to the list.
- Second Wind: Is this boat named for a new chapter in life or achievement? A comeback? A new strength? We’ll never know for sure, but gosh is it perennially popular.
- Adventure: A boat with this name is usually out of the slip every weekend putting miles of water under the keel.
- Knot on Call: This boat name serves as a notice that on-the-water time can’t be tampered with. Of unique importance, the owner of this boat can silence their cellphone ring in just under two seconds.
- Shenanigans: Quit fooling around. Shenanigans are a part of every boating culture.
- Grace: In its fourth appearance on the top 10 boat names list since 2010, Grace likely holds deep meaning for vessels with beautiful lines or for those that navigate with finesse. This is the one boat in the marina that also makes docking look easy.